Pages

Monday, April 13, 2009

Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness . . . and knitting!

It's autumn in Melbourne. We've had some grey misty mornings in the past week. Yesterday was one of those beautiful crisp sunny days with a cool breeze. And this pomnegranate tree caught my eye when I was walking in Brunswick on Friday: So much for poetic allusions . . . autumn means knitting and that's what I've been doing. Somehow autumn caught me by surprise I had to scramble to finish off the class samples for my beginner knitting classes which start at CCCK in a few weeks, but they're ready now.



I don't know what my garden thinks about autumn. It's not showing signs of mellow fruitfulness so much as rampant weediness! It got a bit of attention from me yesterday, but it's going to need a lot more. And I've been spinning up my hand-dyed tops: 100g done, 100g to go.

No comments: