Pages

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Light Table

My friend V came over yesterday afternoon to use my light table. She had to trace a rather complicated block for a quilt she's working on. The block is a reproduction of a radio circuit diagram--that's what I call complicated!

On the other hand my light table is so simple that it's almost laughable.

  • One bookshelf light
  • One piece of safety glass
  • One lump of timber--4b2

I've had the components for ages and have been meaning to formalise them into some sort of permanent arrangement. It hasn't happened. But if you rest the lump of wood on the table, lean the glass on it and slip the light underneath, it works. V traced her diagram and I was glad I'd hung on to those bits. I'm not making any promises about sorting them out anytime soon.

No comments: