Pages

Thursday, July 16, 2009

One Step at a Time

I started walking with the dogs again yesterday. I hadn't been walking for months--and it shows! The dogs took no time at all to get back into the rhythm of walking. I'm afraid it's going to take me a little while, but it will be worth it.

One of the great benefits of my regular walks around the neighbourhood is the chance to observe everyday beauty. Most of the gardens around here are nothing special, but there are plenty of lovely details which I can appreciate up close when I'm moving along the footpath at a walking pace rather than driving by on the road.

I've chosen this rosehip as today's pic:
It's from my own front garden--the "rhapsody in blue" roses need a trim--but I hadn't noticed it until I came home from my walk. I'll look forward to more inspiring scraps of beauty in days to come as I get back into my walking routine--one step at a time.

No comments: