Pages

Monday, August 3, 2009

Triangles

I spent yesterday afternoon working on my sample block for the "Working with Triangles" class at the Neighbourhood House. Here's the block so far: It's been a while since I did a lot of machine piecing, so it was a bit of a challenge to get started. And it's triangles to the max! Actually it wasn't too bad, I just had to switch my brain into precision mode. The one thing I know about machine piecing is that near enough generally isn't good enough.

As you can see, it's not quite finished. I still need to do the corner pieces for the flying geese border, but it's nearly there and I'm pleased with the result. I can send out the list of requirements for the students today and put the block on display, maybe tomorrow.

1 comment:

Dee said...

wow! that looks effective and fast work too. :)