Pages

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Cold Wet Day

It was cold and wet in Melbourne yesterday--particularly cold and wet if, like my visitors, you're used to Queensland weather. Any plans for an outing were quickly abandoned and and we declared an "inside day". J & A stayed home and watched a movie or two. E & A came to my place to do colouring and painting. D sat in my big armchair near the heater and stitched away. A took a trip to the local hardware store and came back with supplies for fixing my gate and reorganising my computer cables.

I even got a bit of knitting done--it's been a while. This is going to be a little head-hugger for J. I guess it's about half done, so I doubt she'll get to wear it on this trip. The regular cables have just enough interest to keep me going on it. And since I don't use a cable needle, the rhythm of knitting is easy enough to maintain for knitting in company.

No comments: