Pages

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Friends

As I type this my friends D, A, A & E are on a plane from Brisbane coming to visit me in Melbourne. Tomorrow J & A will join them. I usually keep a quiet life and rarely have more than one or two people at my place at the same time, so what's going to happen here with six visitors? Well I've been asking myself that question and I'm glad to say it all comes down to friends. My friends W & R are currently holidaying in Cambodia--and they've generously made their house available for the Crowd. Then my friends M & L came to my rescue with beds and bedding. Here's L arriving yesterday afternoon with just one of several armloads: Another friend is helping with the airport run this morning--there's no way all those people plus luggage are going to fit in one car. And at the end of the day, the reason these people are on a plane today is because we're friends, so it's going to be worth it. I won't promise not to get anxious at times, and crave my personal space, but I expect they'll understand that. They've known me long enough. And with two houses and two cars at our disposal it should be feasible and we'll still be friends at the end of a couple of weeks.

Oh and yes, I do have spinning and weaving to do and I promise to post a shot of the double-faced twill sometime soon. But my textile reflection for the day is that all that linen and bedding and stuff that filled a couple of cars yesterday--yep, it's textiles at their everday basic level.

No comments: