Pages

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Happy Huck

At the risk of patting myself on the back excessively in public . . .My Huck Weave sample is woven. That means I'm ready for Saturday's class and it's only Thursday. Wooo Wooo:) The even better news is that my weaving buddy, Amber, is also done already on her sample. I'm going to swap looms with her this afternoon. If we both manage well tomorrow, that will put both of us ahead for our weekend class. To explain the extent of my jubilation: this time last year I was stressing over putting the warp on for our shared project and arrived in class to find I'd made a fatal error and had to do all my threading again. So being up to date is a big relief.

Now just to keep things in perspective, I do still have an entire Summer and Winter sampler to do, which I missed out on during my flooring chaos, and there's a lot of fine spinning on my "to do" list, but I think the sunny yellow has got into my heart--I feel as if I've got some good momentum going here.

1 comment:

Dee said...

feel free to keep patting away my dear, pat, pat,pat ... your huck weaving looks great! :)
love the tone on tone pattern and the way the light picks up the pattern.