Pages

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Better

I spent most of the day yesterday working on my double weave bag project. Here it is, just about finished: I've made a twisted cord for the strap. I still need to attach that. I've also got the bag I made at the beginning of this warp to finish off. I didn't weave a lining for that one. It was when I was having troubles with the tension at the beginning of the warp. I think I'll line it with silk, with an iron-on interfacing for reinforcement. The tension doesn't look too bad now that it's off the loom . . . whatever!

Now for a reality check:
  • this bag is just about done;
  • I've been building up the folio for the bag as I go, so there's not much more needed for that, though I could fiddle with presentation for ever--note to self, "you don't have forever"!
  • The notes for the rest of the year's work are in a lecture pad and just need a bit of a tidy up. That's another task that could gobble up more time than it's really worth.
  • I've got all of the weaving for the Round Robin exercise done. I need to sort out the corresponding notes.
  • Then there's an unfinished project . . . well actually it's hardly started. That's the Summer and Winter sampler from the weeks around when my floor chaos was happening. Can I get it done in a week and still keep my sanity?

2 comments:

Dee said...

the bag looks good. i want to touch it to feel the fabric etc. the fringe looks sweet too. what size is the bag?

Chiara Z said...

15 cm wide, by 18 cm high, plus the fringe. Just big enough for the basics when dressed up.