Pages

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Things that go Bump in the Night

Filous Patisserie is a regular and much loved part of my days at the Guild. Here's what I found when I arrived for class yesterday: Apparently a driver lost control on Lygon St and slammed into the wall of the bakery at 3.00 am one morning this week. There were no major injuries, as far as I know, but the wall is going to take some serious work. At that hour of the morning, only the baker was in the building. He must have got quite a jolt!

Yesterday there was a steady trickle of people, peering at the damage and longing for their cake and coffee fix. My friend Teresa was one of them. I'm not the only one who loves the personality of this place. I hope they had good insurance--and that they know how much they're missed.

No comments: