Pages

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Ready to Spin

Putting my new Suzie together turned out to be quite a manageable task. Here she is, all ready to go: As veteran of many Ikea assemblies, I could certainly appreciate the difference between a bunch of parts, collected in a box and this wheel. Majacraft promise that each wheel has been fully assembled and tested before shipping. Having put my Suzie together, I believe them. Everything lined up beautifully.

Now, what to spin . . . well there are various requirements for my Spinnning Certificate folio on the "must do" list. Trouble is the list isn't really written. I need to sort out what I've done and what I still need to do . . . Meanwhile, there's a bit of merino left over from the wool-silk baby skein. I might just use that as a warm up. The forecast for today is 39, so I don't think it will be much of a spinning day. Maybe I'll just gloat for a while.

2 comments:

Knitspingirl said...

A dear friend with a new baby - guaranteed to bring a smile to my face! Enjoy your new wheel. But please spin something you want to, not have to.

Dee said...

oooooow - have fun. Suzy looks quite different to the little gem.

May I suggest a little notebook for your yet unwritten list? :) I seem to be the notebook queen.