Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Happy Spinner

It's been a while since I gave you a nice piece of spun fibre to enjoy. Here's the Finn-Cashmere I've been playing with this last week: I spun it up on my drop spindle earlier in the year. Now I'm dyeing it to make a scarf for myself. I'll include it with my Spinning Folio, so that's two benefits from the one skein of yarn. And I loved every minute of spinning it. That makes me a happy spinner.

I'm also a happy spinner because I've got far enough with sorting out the box of bits that will comprise my Spinning Folio that I'm back to actually spinning. I've sorted out where some of the main gaps are in the work that I've done. Now I get to fill the gaps one skein at a time. Right now I'm working on a sample of worsted spun merino: one small bobbin spun, one to go. Then I'll ply, wash, sample and knit a swatch. It will have it's moment of glory with a page in my presentation folder. There's not that much of it, so that will probably be all it will ever be. But it's so nice to spin that I don't mind.

No comments: