Pages

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Decisions, Decisions!

Over the weekend I managed to do a bit of dyeing in amongst everything else. I was working on concocting the right colour for the border of my quilt. Here's what I came up with:
Now I need to choose, or try again.
I think I'm suffering from an excess of feedback! I took the fabric at the bottom and the quilt to the Neighbourhood House yesterday. I got some definite "YES" responses, and some equally definite "NOs". The other fabric was still on the line drying at that stage. I'm inclined to choose it, even though it's not quite the right colour. I do have plenty of that fabric, though and still have today to experiment. I've worked out that I can leave half the fabric as is--to use on the quilt if it turns out to be the best option--and overdye the other half with a slightly different green. To do that, though, I'll have to clear the sink again.

5 comments:

Peace said...

I like the lighter one. It highlights the other colours better and is very interesting and pleasing to look at in itself. The other is gorgeous but I feel it takes away from the rest.

Chiara Z said...

Thanks--my eye keeps coming back to the lighter one too, with a smile. Meanwhile there are three more batches of dyeing in the sink . . .

Knitspingirl said...

My two cents worth?
I like the lighter one too.

Dee said...

casting my vote... the lighter one compliments better. it draws my eye back tothe rest of the quilt. the other on just doesn't add anything too this quilt.
I do like the colours and pattern variation in the darker one though and it looks like fun for another day.
Looking forward to seeing what comes out of the dye pot...

Anonymous said...

yep, my eye (why don't we say eyes?)is drawn to the lighter one too :)