Pages

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

More Roses

Here are some of the roses on the unfinished quilt I mentioned in a previous post:This is a "broderie perse" technique where the printed flowers are cut from a feature fabric and then stitched to the new background fabric. I've used a temporary spray adhesive and blanket stitches to hold the flowers down. I've avoided using vlieosfix because I'm planning to quilt this one by hand. I don't like the stiffness of the fabric produced by the iron-on adhesives. I think I mentioned this quilt has been in storage for a while--I'm noticing the creases in the shot I've taken. Oh well, it's not in storage now, so maybe it's a little closer to being finished, though I've done nothing but look at it since I hung it on the wall. I need to decide what size it will be and then choose a border or borders. When they're on it will be time to think about quilting it.

2 comments:

SewSofie said...

is that stitched by hand? That is so intricate. Must have taken you some time. Would love to see what you decide to do with it.

Chiara Z said...

teeny tiny blanket stitches, though some of the roses aren't as neat as this one. Strangely, I love fine hand stitching--sometimes:)