Pages

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Bunny Rug #1

I took along one of the baby bunny rugs I'm making to my class last night. They're about as simple as can be: two layers of fabric with binding around the outside. We looked at binding in last week's lesson, but there was so much to cover, I thought a bit of reinforcement wouldn't go astray. Besides, with the new format for this class--a "do your own thing", UFO class--I thought I might just get the chance to put in a few stitches. I got nearly to the first corner--which conveniently allows me to post a picture of the corner here: The unexpected consequence of bringing this project along was admiration for the busy pink, blue and black paisley fabric. It's definitely not my style, but several people commented on how much they like it. Just as well, since I'll be giving it away to a charity when it's done and I do want someone to enjoy it. OK, now to put in a few more stitches while I brew myself a cup of coffee and then do a bit of cleaning up.

No comments: