Pages

Friday, May 28, 2010

Resolution

I have a bad habit of not quite finishing things. I'll make the last stitch on a project and put it aside without weaving in the ends, for instance. It would only take a couple of extra minutes and the thing would be done. So I have a new plan. Simple really. There's now a big darning needle in permanent residence on the side of my armchair. All I have to do when I snip off the last thread is reach over and grab it before I put my work down. Here's today's example: I started the hat yesterday, just 'cause. Now It's finished, well not quite . . . but see the needle on the left of the pic? It's already threaded with the tail of the yarn. Unfortunately I stopped the process there to go grab my camera and write this post. But as soon as I hit "publish" I'm going back to finish it off. Then it will be ready to wear. Well maybe not quite--I'm still tossing up whether it needs to be blocked or not.

No comments: