Pages

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Getting There

I've been slowly sneaking up on the sock challenge:
  • First I had to manage knitting in the round without tucking a needle under my arm;
  • Then I graduated to double pointed needles: three and then four;
  • Holding the needles from below, rather than from above was the next challenge. That allowed me to manage a rib.

Now it's time for the real thing! I've done a cuff; I'm working a bit of a leg and then it will be time to turn the corner. this is it and so far it's really not a problem. I'm thinking of this as a demo sock, so I'm not worrying too much about guage and fit. And I'm working it in 8-ply (DK), so it's going really quickly. I just want to get through the steps one at a time to demystify the process. Then I expect I'll be off and racing.

1 comment:

Knitspingirl said...

Yay you!
I suspect that once you master the fear of turning a heel, you'll be hooked the same way I was. I started with 8ply baby socks, moved on to 8ply adult socks, & now I'm completely addicted to 4ply adult socks.
Can't wait to see piccies of your first sock! (Love the colour)