Pages

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Making Do

I recently came up with a new design for shawl pins using twisted wire, freshwater pearls and semi-precious stones. I had a great morning working up half a dozen examples. Then I headed off to my supplier to get some more wire . . . problem! Due to a company take-over and package re-design process the wire is temporarily unavailable. Drat! Now what to do? I looked around the shop for anything I could use as a base for a shawl pin. I found several possiblities, one of which is these hooks: They're designed to be bookmarks, but I don't care. You can see the twisted wire base I've been using for the new line of shawl pins at the bottom right of the the pic as well. I was able to get hold of some coloured wire, so there'll be a few more of those coming through.

No comments: