Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Too Much of a Good Thing

I've been working on this piece of freeform knitting--part of a larger project--and enjoying the organic sponteneity of the process. I've been spinning and knitting as I go: allowing each section to take its own shape and relationship with the others. This morning I picked it up as soon as I'd made my morning coffee and accidentally bumped my coffee cup--drat! Now there are a few spots of coffee dyeing to add to the mix. The shape of the piece might be ruined by washing, as I'm relying on the unbalanced twist in the wool to draw in the form, so I'm just going to carefully dab away at the stains and accept whatever's left as part of the overall life of the project.

1 comment:

Dee said...

ohhh nooooo!
what is it going to be when done?

ready for a giggle? my word recognition for this post is "sacklet"... I suspect it is NOT going to be a little sack.