Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Adapting

Installing my piece for the Window Frames Exhibition in Sydney Rd, Brunswick is top of my to-do list today. It's proving to be a bit of a challenge, and I haven't left the house yet. I have an old dressing table mirror as part of the piece. I expected to be able to lean it against a wall as a backdrop to the other items. Yesterday I went down to have a look at the space I've been allocated. There is no back wall. There is no side wall either. It's a corner window with a doorway on one side, the shop floor behind and windows on two sides. I've been trying to rig up some supports for the mirror for the past half hour or so. I'm due at the shop in about 20 minutes. So far I've discovered two ways that don't work! My next thought is to use couple of weights to stabilise the back of the mirror. Hopefully there'll be something there I can use. Otherwise I'll have to think again.

4 comments:

Vireya said...

So did you get it sorted out?

Chiara Z said...

Yep, sorted! Turned out they'd changed their mind on which window I was to use, so there was a bit of wall, plus they had some old equipment I could cover and use to weigh it down. All good:)

Vireya said...

I'll be near there on Friday, so will have to go and check it out!

Chiara Z said...

Great--I'd love to hear what you think.