Pages

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Anticipation

Another month has flown by and it's once again time for the monthly workshop at the Handweavers and Spinners Guild. Today it's Indigo dyeing and I can't wait! As I was falling asleep last night, I was thinking, "Indigo tomorrow; Indigo tomorrow; Indigo tomorrow . . . " It was better than counting sheep. My friend A gave me this book a few years ago. I'd done a natural dyeing workshop at the Botanical Gardens' Plant Craft Cottage. After just a taste of the magic of Indigo I was hooked. I haven't done anything with it since--except dream and wish. Today we've been promised guidance about setting up a vat as well as the opportunity to do lots of samples. I've taken the instruction to bring "lots of little skeins" to heart. As well as a bag of sample skeins I'd prepared for a previous dyeing workshop, I've got all the bits and bobs of white handspun out of my stash. I figure I don't have to use everything up, but I'd just hate to run out of yarn before the vat runs out of colour. Now to pack up my bits and pieces and head off to Carlton.

No comments: