Pages

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Bead Candy

I dropped in at the bead shop yesterday afternoon. I was on my way to pick up the makings of a new kitchen cabinet. I needed silver crimps. I actually kept my note to self after my recent beading effort in the new studio. As I parked the car I was carefully rehearsing to myself, "silver crimps, silver crimps, silver crimps . . . " It's so easy to lose my head when I get into the shop amongst all the lovely sparkly things! When I walked in the door I was surprised to find I was the only customer. I'd expected the usual pre-Christmas rush, but luckily I landed in a lull. Since I had the full attention of the manager, my wish list came out--that's a mental wish list, so it has a tendency to be rather elastic. The main thing was different shaped (plastic) crystal drops to make beaded angels. The supply is variable, and I usually forget to stock up until it's Christmas time. Looking at those led to exploring other drop-shaped beads. I should have some crafting time next week, so I bought a few bits to play with. The photo records the fact that I did eventually make my way to the furniture shop. That made up in it's busyness for the quietness of the bead shop, but I did manage to get through my list of things. The makings of the kitchen cabinet are on the floor as I type--waiting for assembly. And yes, I did also remember to buy my silver crimps.

No comments: