Pages

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Pretty Good

I had friends over last night to help me consume my Christmas leftovers. W had been at work all day and was ready to unwind. A slow meal of bread and cheese was just the thing. She suggested the view of the table was blog-worthy. It looked nowhere near as pretty when we'd finished with it, but our tastebuds and tummies were happy. I'm used to thinking of my friend W's daughter as a "young teenager", but as she reminded me last night, in a few weeks it will be her birthday and she'll be old enough to get her Learner's permit. I feel like an old hand with beginning drivers after helping a friend get his licence a year or two ago, but I couldn't help a moment of nostalgia. It seems only yesterday that "young" R's big challenge was learning her times tables. Ah, the joys of witnessing the next generation and their rites of passage!

No comments: