Pages

Monday, December 6, 2010

Table Tale

I guess you could call them coffee table books, though I don't have a coffee table. These books are for browsing and inspiration and I love them.When I was packing and moving stuff yesterday I had to decide whether to leave them in the living room or take them out to the studio. I decided on the living room, since it's usually the unexpected moments of time when I get to enjoy them, rather than in a focussed or intentional way.

As for tables, I managed to clear and move my Big Table with the help of some friends yesterday. Then I assembled the new table for the kitchen-living space. That's it in the pic. As I worked my way through twenty pages of enigmatic diagramatic instructions, I gave myself credit for keeping my brain supple and active. I'm hoping to live to a good old age and apparently mental tasks involving movement and three-dimensional orientation tend to protect brain function against various forms of dementia. I hope that's true.

2 comments:

Knitspingirl said...

My goodness - 20 pages of instructions for a table?!

Chiara Z said...

Yep! and I needed them all--it's extendable, with a slide mechanism and a place to hide the extra leaf--and it's Ikea, so of course they have to keep you thinking:)