Pages

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Yarn Candy

What do I do when faced with a new challenge--even a happy one like decorating a tree? One approach is to start with what I know. I tried that last night. After unpacking the tree and rigging up the chain of itty bitty lights so they could reach a power point and stay out of the way of my active dogs, I needed to add some bling. I took my silver sparkly yarn and a crochet hook and made a nice long chain. This morning I took a bit more of the yarn--there's heaps of it--added some red handspun and made a twisted cord. This in one situation when nobody can complain about a candy-cane look! A phone call after breakfast reminded me that we're supposed to be decorating the tree together, so I'm going to have to restrain myself, but I don't want to live with a bare tree for the days before Christmas and there's still plenty of room to play.

2 comments:

Ang Pang said...

I quite like that look Chiara :)

Chiara Z said...

Thanks Ang, one thing I have plenty of is yarn!