Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

Better

Here's yesterday's fabric overdyed in Landscape "grevillea" and "galah". This is more like the sorts of colours I was looking for. The landscape dyes are named for Australian flora and fauna, but in my mind this is very much a fruity-berry colouring. Now to do some measuring to see if there's enough fabric there to follow through on my plan. It wouldn't have been worth doing the measuring before the dyeing--even though that would seem logical--because I had no way of knowing how much shrinkage I'd get. Even though the jumper was already "felted" in the washing machine, it's now had three sessions in the dye pot and two more spin cycles in my front-loader. And, yes, I do realise I haven't mentioned what project I have in mind . . . I'll wait until I've measured it before I commit myself.

1 comment:

Dee said...

pretty colours... looking forward to seeing what you do with it.