Pages

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Weaving Puzzle

It was good to catch up with my weaving buddies at the Handweavers and Spinners' Guild yesterday morning. It's hard to believe it's been three years since we first got together for our first year of the Certificate course. I have to confess to having barely done any weaving since the course finished, but it turns out I'm not the only one, and I'm still sufficiently involved to enjoy the work that others have been doing. Maybe this year I'll get back into the swing of some regular weaving.

One of our members brought along this piece of fabric for us to analyse. I decided that my macro lens would be my best contribution, while others threw around possibilities and ideas for reproducing it. My baby loom had a great reception! You would think it was the cutest fluffy puppy or kitten from the way people clucked over it and wanted to know all about it. R went home with it tucked under her arm. I'm glad to know it will be well looked after.

Today I need to somehow pull myself together and prepare for a busy week ahead. I said to myself that I would need to sleep for a week after my adventures in Queensland, but I didn't expect that to be as accurate as it has turned out to be.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Interesting fabric....white warp, can be done on four shaft....whilst weaving tabby on one and two, hold 3 and four down, then vica versa.

At least that's how I see it? Lots of nice ideas in that one, haven't seen it before. I bet it provoked some good conversation.