Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Armchair Again

I've started another blanket. I call these "armchair projects" because they're just the perfect thing to have in a bag next to my big armchair. I can sit and do a row or two anytime. It's the best way to manage the logistics of the project too, since there are perhaps a dozen different yarns or more involved. And the blanket seems to grow quite quickly to a point where it's not practical to carry it around with me. The bad news on the "armchair" front is that the recliner mechanism of my favourite chair broke this week. It's hard to describe how emotional I feel about it. This has been the place where I've tucked myself in for comfort and relaxation for years. It's not just a piece of furniture, but a symbol of coziness. My rational self tells me there will be other suitable items of furniture, but it's going to take a while to get used to the idea.

On the subject of things broken, or not--it turns out my computer problems were the result of a faulty DVD drive, not the upgrade discs. The good news is that the upgrade was successful using a friend's DVD drive. The not so good news is that my DVD drive is apparently not in the best of health. I'm tempted to ignore it until it causes more trouble. I don't know if that's a wise approach . . . it's times like these I want to curl up in the (now broken) armchair and stitch quietly until my mind settles and the next step becomes clear.

1 comment:

Dee said...

And this looks like cuddly progress... oooooo
and the thought that it is cold enough to enjoy something woolly and being cuddled up in an armchair is mind boggling.