Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Line and Drape

This top caught my eye on Friday. It was worn by one of my classmates, who informed me that it's a current item in Jag shops. Unfortunately that means I almost certainly won't find it in a suitable size for my own particular combination of curves. In addition to the fact that it's one of my favourite colours, I was fascinated by the combination of soft and hard lines. Plus the use of a zipper as a feature, which is a trend I've been aware of lately. Coincidentally my friend V sent me this link. She's been given a pattern to test for Nicole Mallaleiu. The challenge is to see how the design works on different body types. I'd happily be a guinea pig for something like this. I'm always looking for different solutions to my various figure ideosyncracities!

No comments: