Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

More Coloured Threads

I've been stitching away at my colour blending samples. I'm doing both on a white background, so I've taken a quick snap of the thread scraps on a black background. I'm amazed at how much thread I've used on what are really quite small samples. I'll have to go off to the haberdashery department again today and buy a few more skeins. I think that this week's class will involve more colour blending. Our paint mixing this week was working on shades and tints, so I guess that's what I'll be stitching next week.

I managed to pick up a darning foot for my sewing machine at a ridiculously cheap price--another $1 bargain. If this week's homework is anything to go by, I can see myself wanting to learn the basics of machine embroidery, even if it's just to produce samples more efficiently. Then again, I can only imagine how that would open up another whole new world of possibilities . . .

1 comment:

Knitspingirl said...

Annemeike Mein eat your heart out!
http://www.amazon.com/Art-Annemieke-Mein-Wildlife-Textiles/dp/0855329777/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1298434237&sr=1-1
(sorry, don't know how to link - worth a look though)