Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

Operating System

My task last night was to upgrade the operating system on my computer. I'd done my research and purchased the necessary discs. I popped the CD into the drive and settled down in the armchair to read while it did it's thing. Then a couple of things happened. The computer started making clicking and whirring sounds. I'd expected that, but my dog Macc hadn't. As far as he's concerned, any unexpected noise must be due to a small animal that needs to be hunted down! Off he went to investigate the situation.
Unfortunately the next thing that happened was something that shouldn't have happened. The installation disc got stuck and couldn't complete the upgrade. I'm sure it had nothing to do with Macc's hunting activities. This morning I'm off to the shops to exchange the discs and see if I can get the thing to work. Hopefully when I try it again I'll have more success and maybe Macc's "operating system" will have been updated, so he doesn't misinterpret the unexpected computer sounds as some sort of rodent.

2 comments:

Knitspingirl said...

Remember your computer does have a "mouse"!

Chiara Z said...

ummm, yep, ok--it has a mouse, but it doesn't need to be hunted down!