Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

Embellish

One more snippet from the show . . .

I stopped and played with an "embellisher". It's a motorised needle felting machine. I've done very little needle felting: mainly one painful panel a few years ago as part of a group entry for the Bendigo Sheep and Wool show. If only we'd had use of a machine like this!
I had a bit of fun with some wool tops and thick and thin singles. My only disappointment was the evidence of the mechanical needles in the cloth, but I think they could be disguised easily enough. Then of course there the little issue of a price tag . . . and I'd need to find more space on my workbench. Here's my plan. I'm going to try to forget about it for the next couple of months. If I'm still lusting after it by the time my birthday comes around in July, I'll see if I can fit it into my workspace and my budget. Meanwhile I might see about a bit more needle-felting by hand.

No comments: