Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2011

First "Piece"

There's that moment of anxiety and excitement in any new endeavor when you declare your first "piece" to be complete and ready for public scrutiny--whether it be a student concert for a musician, or in my case a piece of stitching for my Textile Art course. Yesterday was assessment day for our Colour Theory subject. Our brief was to take a saying or situation that expresses emotion and translate that into a piece featuring colour and line. This represents the saying, "A change is as good as a holiday". There were lots of things that made me happy--particularly after weeks of little colour exercises and stitch samplers. The little coloured curls in the top right hand corner make me smile every time I see them. A moment of completion carries a challenge and hope for "next time". I'd like to challenge myself to be a little more adventurous. I'd also like to learn more about finishing a presenting a textile piece like this. Maybe there's a short course in framing coming up for me . . .

No comments: