Pages

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Change of Pace

This first semester of my Textile Art course has been more demanding than I expected. Yesterday was the last official day of term, though I do have to go in next week--"catch up week" it's called. My essential "catch up" last night was catching up with myself! I picked up this book from the library. It's "Ruth", by one of my favourite authors, Elizabeth Gaskell.

I sat down in the armchair with it in front of the heater until it was late enough to go to bed. I must admit though, that on the strength of my just completed "drawing" and "history" subjects, I did a quick spot of research on Frederick Walker, the painter of the cover picture and placed the story on a mental timeline before tucking myself into the novel for a few hours of relaxation.

No comments: