Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Light(er) Reading

I handed in the timeline project on Friday. Yesterday I returned an incredibly heavy pile of world history books to the library. I then went over to the history section of the Non Fiction shelves and picked out a rather random selection for my holiday reading. I started one last night, "The Untold History of the Potato". I like reading biographies. This one is billed, "the spud now has the biography it deserves". So far so good.
I still feel as though my knowledge of history is barely a few millimeters deep, so I guess the plan is just to dig a few holes here and there. I'll be doing that for the rest of my life and I won't be surprised if the more I learn, the more ignorant I feel. That's the way it is with most areas of knowledge.

No comments: