Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Anatomy

I've been back to knitting socks in the last week. I'm still very much a beginner and I'm getting my head around the basic structure of this interesting animal.




















This is about as simple as you can get: there's a leg and a foot at right angles to each other, and this amazing corner in between. OK, just for completeness you can tick off the rib band above and the toe off to the left that aren't shown in this picture. I'm keen to understand the structure as thoroughly as I can, because I have a feeling that I could build all sorts of interesting things using these ideas--I don't necessarily mean things that would fit on your foot. But for now I have another sock to finish--they generally hunt in pairs--and bits of housework to think of as well.

No comments: