Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Collage

I'm still thinking about Saturday's Creative Kids class. One of the exciting things about taking a new group is that it shakes up my thinking and makes me look at things differently. I love doing research, so yesterday afternoon I took myself off to the local library to look for resources. I came home with several lovely garden books and this:
It's not about flowers, but it's full of lovely collage. Collage is an art form in itself, so I want to show the Creative Kids some lovely examples in a real published book to inspire them. I've got a collection of coloured magazines for them to use too, so they can make something like this if they choose to.

3 comments:

Knitspingirl said...

Wow - I'd love to see inside that book. The very hungry caterpillar has friends!

Chiara Z said...

Try your local library:) I was lucky enough to get a quick tour of the picture books with the Children's librarian.

SewSofie said...

Love this idea. Will definitely have a go at home with my two squirts. Cant wait to hear about how it went.