I spent a few hours in the studio yesterday. My task was to prepare some things for the House Market. First though, I took some time to play with the mother-of-pearl buttons I'd picked out last week. I made a little bracelet.
I like the idea of black velvet ribbon as a backing, but the one I had was too fine. I've got another layer there to stitch on to reinforce it--that's now on the to-do list. I like the irregular and worn look of the buttons. Appropriate findings to finish it all off are a challenge. It would be nice to stick with the old-organic style of the buttons, but that's probably not realistic. So, I'm still in the experimental phase.