Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Rocks

I finished spinning the red rock wool-silk yarn.




















I had 50 grams. As I wound it off the bobbin I measured 410 metres. That's equivalent to my commercial laceweight yarn, so I'm reasonably happy with my result. And it's a sweet glossy soft, fine yarn. There was a fair bit of variation in the colour of the tops I bought. That has evened out to some extent with the spinning and plying, but it's still going to be a bit of a surprise as it knits up. Now I just need to decide what to do with it.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

I love this colour!

Chiara Z said...

Thanks--good to hear from you!

Dee said...

It looks fantastic! It went a very long way too, no wonder it felt like you were spinning it forever. I look forward to seeing what lacy lovely it becomes.