Pages

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Indigo Balls

I've finished eight of the woven star balls with my handmade indigo paper. I'm quite pleased with how they're turning out.



















Now that I'm comfortable with the geometry of the assembly process, the hardest part is cutting the paper strips. I've been using one of my quilting rulers and a stanley knife, but I'm getting blisters on my hand. The paper is tough--almost leathery. I've been starting to check out the possibility of investing in a good paper trimmer. I have a couple of little ones, but they're not up to a heavy duty task like this. Before I do that, I'll see what other lovely thick papers I have for making these balls.

2 comments:

Knitspingirl said...

You're really getting the hang of them now! Love the indigo blue - purdy!!

Chiara Z said...

Thanks--now I've used it all up! I'm going to have to find something else to use.