Pages

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Opportunity

After a couple of sessions of trying out my new beading skills I decided it was time to work out some shortcuts. I do like the sparkle and detail of many tiny glass beads carefully strung together, but it takes far too long to make anything useful. A trip to one of the local Opp Shops yielded this:



















I found a set of glass coffee cups with plastic handles. The handles slip off easily leaving an indented ring around what is now a glass cylinder. I'm going to try beading around that ring. The glass is designed for hot drinks, so it should cope with a candle without any trouble. I'll see how I go.

3 comments:

Knitspingirl said...

What a cute idea!
You can find some real gems in op shops sometimes.

Chiara Z said...

Can't you!

Dee said...

clever thrifting - can't wait to see the results.