Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Oxymoron?

I've been working through a list of requests for my ruffled wristies. I have to admit I've been putting off knitting the first on the list. The thought of a pair of pale grey ruffled wristies just didn't sit well in my mind. Well, I've made one of the pair. The second is on my needles.
What do you think?

I'm still not convinced. I'm going to try to dye a paler shade of grey. And the good news is that I can always overdye the finished pair in a completely different colour.

2 comments:

Knitspingirl said...

I think they look lovely. But if you're set on dyeing them afterwards, how about trying a dip-dye? It could be really interesting to see how the ruffly bits take the dye ... I don't know how you could just do the edges though. Hmmm. Just a thought!

Chiara Z said...

I'm not set on dyeing them, especially as they're a request--just exploring how my taste and others' differs. I love the idea of a dip dye though: maybe on another pair.