Pages

Monday, March 5, 2012

Score!

I went to the Sunday Spinners group at the Handweavers and Spinners' Guild yesterday. It's been way too long since I'd been there and it was great to catch up with some old friends and meet some new ones. It's rare for me to get away from the Guild without adding some fibre to my collection, but this time it happened without any outlay of money.

























One of the spinners had bought this bag pink merino blend tops. She wasn't having any luck with it and finally got so frustrated that she gave it away. Maybe I should've left a moment of polite silence, but I didn't. I quickly said, "I'll have it!" I did then offer to split it with anyone else and I offered it back to her once she'd calmed down, but in the end it came home with me. I'm sure it will behave for me just fine. I'm looking forward to plying it with some different shades of pink to see how it will come up.

No comments: