Pages

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Doing and Undoing

I don't know if you noticed that my beading attempt on the blue-green cabuchon used the same base as my free-form wiring attempt. I deliberately broke and pulled off the silver wire wrapping I'd tried previously.

























I like the empty shell of woven strands of wire better than I liked the original setting. I think I'll work with that idea. As for this cabuchon, I've already pulled the beading out twice and it's still not working the way I would like it to. I think it might be the size of the beads I'm working with, so I'll have to try some different ones. I do like the effect of the teal beads against the stone, so I'll stick with that idea.

By the way, it took quite a bit of effort to break off the improvised bail from the free-form wiring. That's good news for when I want to make a piece using this technique.

No comments: