Pages

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Around and Around

Some jobs in life just come around and around. Clearing my big table is one of those. It seems that every weekend when I think through my "to do" list there it is: clear the big table. Having just about achieved that task this morning, I have room to take a pic of these little black wristies.

























I bought the yarn from the wonderful Charly a month or so ago and knitted them up right away. Unusually for me--and for Charly too--they're just plain black. I thought they'd be versatile and I guess they are, but I've realised after wearing them a few times that I can't get excited enough about wearing plain black accessories. They're wonderfully warm, though and having knit up a three-ply yarn I'm not about to waste them. There's a coloured trim coming soon. I just need to choose a colour, pull out the crochet hook and stitch around and around a few times and I think I'll be happy with them. Meanwhile I'd better really finish clearing the big table and decide how to celebrate my achievement.

1 comment:

Dee said...

They sound deliciously soft and warm - tizzied up will add some fun.