Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2012

More Grevillea Exploration

After sketching the grevillea leaf yesterday afternoon I decided to have a go at the flower. The tension for me is between simplifying it and maintaining the appealing complexity. I found that when I selected or separated out a particular element--such as one of the scroll-shaped petals--it didn't grab me in the same way as the challengingly tangled whole. Here's where I got up to before I had to head out to my quilting class.



















I photographed my sketch and then set the colour to black and white on my computer--I don't have photoshop skills . . . My next thought was to wonder what would happen if I made a negative of it--reversing the black and white. That's where I left it.

Meanwhile I have been spinning and knitting. And there are three new beginners in my quilt class, so life is never dull.

No comments: