Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Pink Progress

The fair floss - cotton candy - pinker-than-pink fluff is half done. So far it doesn't feel too sweet. It's been lovely and smooth in my fingers, with enough subtle colour variation to keep me interested and a surprisingly "woolly" crimp for a combed merino-lyocell blend.
This little twisty curl, just tickled my fancy. It made me think of squirmy piglets. Not that I've ever really seen piglets in the flesh, but imagining them is fun.
Despite my enjoyment of the first 50 grams, I think I'll card the second half. I can't imagine a garment made entirely from this yarn, so I'm going for variety.

2 comments:

Dee said...

Very sweet. Is there a destination in mind for this one yet?

Chiara Z said...

Thanks--probably will combine it with other yarns for a scarf.