Pages

Monday, September 3, 2012

Pushing the Envelope

My friend L saved this postcard for me. The catalogue came in the mail the same day. Both have the potential to push my creativity just a little bit further.
The Writes of Spring is a Victorian public library writing competition. They want a postcard sized story--with a definition of story which encompasses all sorts of visual arts. I don't know if I'll enter, but it's good to think about the possibilities. It's also a great reminder to think of my creative work as story telling, whether or not it turns out to be postcard-sized.
The catalogue includes all sorts of things that I probably wouldn't wear and lots and lots of interesting colours. One top that caught my eye comes in
  • persian blue
  • havana orange
  • fuchsia
  • sauerkraut
  • coral &
  • palmolive
 . . . and there are pops of yellow all over the place.
Thankfully I still have my dye pots out and I stocked up on plenty of white wool, so I'm good to go for some more colour mixing. 

No comments: