Pages

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Morning After Market

It's the morning after the market and I'm in surprisingly good shape. Yes I'm tired, but that was to be expected. I feel a good momentum to continue with what I've started by participating in the Make Craft Your Business course a couple of months ago.

For those of you who couldn't be there--and for my own future reference--here's how the stall looked.
Apologies for the back-lit shot--that window does actually have a curtain across it and I did try using a fill-in flash, but mostly I was focussed on interacting with people on the day. You can just see the pedal of my spinning wheel on the far right. I spent most of the day spinning and chatting. I had enough sales to be encouraged and plenty of positive feedback. It was also great to see the work of my fellow students and the excitement of their first sales. I had the luck of sitting next to the table with the eftpos machine!
One feature of this market is the free kids craft. There were children galore! I enjoyed handing out tiny bits of soft fluffy wool and explaining how the spinning wheel works.
I have a few adjustments to make to my display before next time. Of course I have new ideas of things to make, but I plan to stick to a slower pace for a little while.
The next challenge will be setting up for some on-line sales.
 


3 comments:

Dee said...

The stall looks good. I am glad that it was encouraging.

Cathie said...

great to see you & your lovely creations on Saturday.
hope you had a wonderful day & see you again soon x

Patricia said...

It was good to see your spinning, and I also enjoyed the day - chatting to market goers and enjoying the other stunning crafts.