Pages

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Possibilities

I've been playing with this ball of handspun merino plied with silk. It was one of those random little spinning experiments quite a while back. I love how the silk filament shines out of the softer fibre. Anyway, I had about 50 grams of it and no particular plan.
On the left is a "flower" of sorts based on the medallion idea I had a little while ago. What I didn't mention at the time is that this is yarn crocheted around a metal washer from the hardware store. I have to decide how to finish the centre.
The other little thing is only a few centimetres across. It's a tiny bit of needle weaving and I'm not quite sure where it's going, but I like the simplicity. Here it is in close up.
With the forecast maximum temperature half what it was earlier in the week, I'm glad to be playing with a warm orange colour. As you can see, there's a fair bit of it left--stay tuned. 


2 comments:

Dee said...

The large ball reminds me of butchers string with its red and white ply. The objects made from it certainly dispel any similarity to string or twine of any kind.

Kate Campbell Designs said...

I love the square. Be so lovely as part of a necklace, or even a brooch or button by itself. Such great colours!!